MGC GT 1968 Recently restored
Registered March 1968 this car remained in the same ownership until March 2012 when Clayton Classics purchased the car.
After a comprehensive restoration process the car was purchased in May 2017 by its current owner.
During the restoration process by Clayton Classics between 2016 & 2017, the bodywork was completed stripped, treated and re-painted, all mechanical parts were overhauled and the engine was rebuilt.
The current owner lives abroad and only uses the car when in UK, having completed under 5,000 miles since the restoration was finished, during this time the car has been stored and maintain by Clayton Classics. Due to less frequently planned trips to UK this car has now been put up for sale and represents a unique opportunity to purchase a recently restored car at considerably less cost than it would cost to have this car restored.
Built in 1968 this car is a non-overdrive car with the more desirable lower rear axle ratio which gives the car great flexibility and now painted a golden metallic colour (opalescent silver birch) the car looks as good as it drives.
We offer a lifetime service on all Clayton Classic Restorations.
Read more about the 5 key steps that create a Clayton Classic here
- Fully rebuilt fast road spec. engine fitted with newly refurbished carburettors, links and manifolds
- Original 4 speed gearbox fully overhauled
- Complete new braking system
- New stainless steel exhaust system
- Rear axle fully rebuilt
- Uprated radiator
- New glass, rubber seals and bushes, starter motor, alternator, wiring loom and electrical components throughout
- New leather seats and interior trim including carpets and dashboard
- Concours paintwork
- Now sitting on new chrome wire wheels
- Newly chromed front & rear bumpers